A Marketing Campaign for a New Dental Product Ends with Smiles All Around
It’s enough to set a dentist’s teeth on edge: with their hands in a lot of mouths every day, they rely on hygiene products for sanitization. But while surgeons and hospitals can choose from gels and lotions targeting their needs, dentists usually reached for over-the-counter solutions like Purell®, which isn’t intended for clinical use and can dry out their hands.
Any company that could help would have the inside track on a major healthcare market: there are 140,000 dental practices in the United States, all filled with dentists, hygienists and other professionals needing to keep germs at bay.
Luckily for them, CI-Group client Sultan Healthcare had the answer—a new lotion-style, hospital-grade disinfectant that was gentle on hands. But it was pricier than store-bought hand sanitizers, and unknown to the dental profession.
The CI-Group creative team scrubbed up and delivered an award-winning campaign that included:
- A perfect product name: MoistSURE, which demonstrates the new brand’s assets of providing disinfectant strength while being gentle on skin.
- A groundbreaking retail-style look for the logo, packaging, collateral materials and website (most dental products sport a sterile, clinical style.)
- A goal for end users like dentists and hygienists: get them to try MoistSURE – to feel it go on their skin like a luxury lotion vs. the harsher and less effective hand sanitizers. To that end, the team used a microsite, web banners on trade sites and ad campaigns in trade publications, all offering ways to get free samples sent to users. The company sent out trial sizes of the product in purple sample bags that looked like they came straight from a Bloomingdale’s cosmetics counter.
- A goal for Sultan’s distributors: get them excited about this revolutionary new product. Again, cosmetic-style bags were used for custom kits loaded with samples, leave-behinds, sales brochures and a personalized letter talking up the potential of this new dental product category.
- Ad imagery that played on dental professionals’ complaints about repeated hand-washings and sanitizing: a pump-top cactus, razor blades lurking in a Purell-type bottle. Contrast all that with the MoistSURE tagline: “Soothing hand hygiene.”
Sultan Healthcare set an ambitious goal for selling MoistSURE in the first year on the market. The company achieved that goal in the first quarter. So the annual sales target was raised, and Sultan hit that after just six months.
MoistSURE is now the foundation for Sultan Healthcare’s infection control line of products, bringing smiles to the faces of company executives—and to those in dental practices across the country.
CI-Group, a New Jersey advertising agency, provides digital marketing and advertising consulting to Fortune 2000 companies in a wide range of industries. Founded nearly 30 years ago and based in Whitehouse, N.J., CI-Group is recognized as a top advertising agency specializing in marketing strategies, event marketing, promotions, direct marketing, digital printing, warehousing and fulfillment. Companies seeking an award-winning interactive agency that merges creative strategies with effective tactics should call 908-534-6100 or visit www.ci-group.com.
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”How Can we Help you? Contact Us at (908) 691-2010″]